Terms & Conditions
Terms and conditions
If the products sent are incorrect from specified on ordering and the company is notified within 7 days of delivery. The company shall arrange collection and for the correct products to be sent. If the products, however, are correct to the specified products on ordering and to the application of the car, the company shall take no responsibility for items that do not fit or are not correct in the eyes of the customer. The products sent are given in the detail of the customer or on the specification of the standard car. If this specification has been changed by the customer or any person not related to the company, the company cannot take responsibility. The collection of the products can be arranged for a refund or for another product to be sent in its place, however, this would be subject to a 15% handling fee as well as courier costs to be paid for by the customer.
- GSM Performance is not responsible for any labour charges incurred during fitment or removal of allegedly faulty or incorrectly supplied parts. In this instance, the manufacturer will be consulted for assistance relating to the fitment of the parts and/or replacement components which can be provided. Labour charges incurred relating to installation, fitment, replacement or removal are not covered by GSM Performance or the manufacturer.
- If an incorrect product has been dispatched and delivered, please ensure that the items are not used under any circumstances. Once you have checked the items and informed GSM Performance of the error, we will contact you and have the incorrect product replaced as outlined above. Using a “known” incorrect item, can waver any rights to have a replacement or exchanged item provided. If the item provided, are of more value than the original item ordered, and have been used, additional charges for these items may apply.
Special order items
Special order items including brakes, seats and custom products are subject to a minimum 25% handling fee, even if the products have not been delivered.
Special order items are not kept in stock due to their bespoke nature. Therefore, the minimum 25% handling fee covers our material costs, storage costs, and order processing costs. This will be noted on your invoice when applicable.
Once the manufacturer has accepted the order and the item has passed 14 days since the day of order, these items are subject to a 15% cancellation fee. If the roll cage has been shipped from the country of production to the UK, the charge increases to 25% total cost of the cage and transport costs incurred. This is outlined in your invoice documentation pack
Once the manufacturer has accepted the order and the items have been produced, the order cannot be refunded or cancelled. As the items have been produced entirely to the customer’s specification, they cannot be re-stocked or re-sold. This includes all non-black product variations handmade from manufacturers including Corbeau, Cobra, and Mirco.
Once the manufacturer has accepted the order and the items have been produced, the order cannot be refunded, returned or cancelled. As the items have been produced to the customer’s specification, they cannot be re-stocked or re-sold.
Once the manufacturer has accepted the order and the items have entered production, the order cannot be refunded or cancelled. As the items have been produced entirely to the customer’s specification, they cannot be re-stocked or re-sold. This includes all bespoke racewear product variations (featuring custom colour schemes or sizing measurements) handmade from manufacturers including Sparco & OMP
Bespoke boss kits are completely vehicle specific and non-returnable due to the nature of the product. Modification to your vehicle may be required to fit these items, as such, the understanding of this fact is part of the contract and well noted. When boss kits are purchased separately to steering wheels and other components, we are not responsible for any fitment issues which may arise
All seat brackets from Planted Technology and Bride (as an example) are special order from the USA and Japan. Once ordered and shipped from their country of origin. The items are non-returnable and non-refundable. These are entirely special order, non-stocked, items which can not be cancelled or returned as they have been produced specifically for your requirements.
The customer is entirely responsible for the specification provided prior to production. The customer is liable for any errors in the final produced product. Returns are not accepted as stated in the above two conditions. This policy applies to all bespoke items we have available including bucket seats, brake kits, and harness belts.
Protective underwear is in direct contact with the skin and body, it cannot be returned or exchanged due to issues with hygiene. This includes all types of underwear that we provide with no exceptions.
Delivery time scale
Any delivery time or date given by the company is an estimate only and not a term of the contract. Please ensure you have checked the delivery specific details online for detailed information. The company shall not be liable for any loss or damage in respect of any delay in the delivery howsoever arising. If at the time of order the goods are not immediately available for delivery, the company shall deliver the goods when they become available, unless otherwise requested in writing by the customer at the time of order.
- If the item(s) are dispatched and delays are experienced with the courier, GSM Performance is not responsible for the loss or delay on any item(s) and direct contact with the courier should be made. We strongly recommend taking delivery of your new products before booking an MOT, installation, garage appointment. GSM Performance are not responsible for the loss or delay on any item(s) and direct contact with the courier should be made.
Within 7 days after delivery, the customer shall check the goods delivered and give notice to the company and the carrier by letter of any damage or defect or shortage. If nothing has been delivered within 14 days after the date of the invoice, the customer shall immediately give notice to the company by letter or telephone.
If on delivery there is any damage defect or shortage in the goods, the customer gives due notice under condition two above and returns the damaged or defective goods to the company, the company shall replace the damaged, defective or missing goods or credit the customer with the amount of the price attributable to those goods. If items are returned with warranty issues and no problems are found or issues are not warranty, related the company shall not be held responsible for postage & packaging charges, as such, the customer will be expected to pay for these costs to receive the return of their products.
If during use of the goods, the goods appear to be faulty, defective or damaged, a warranty claim can be filed with the manufacturer and supplier. The items are to be returned to the manufacturers for investigation of the suspected problems. The manufacturer has the right to complete the warranty claim in one of three ways:
If the goods are beyond repair, the manufacturer may choose to issue a replacement component.
If the goods are found to have a defect/fault and are deemed repairable. The manufacturer will repair and return the item directly to the customer with another years warranty on any work carried out.
- If the goods are found to have no defect or damage, the manufacturer will return the items and the GSM Performance will not be held responsible for postage & packaging charges, as such the customer will be expected to pay for these costs to receive the return of their products. The outcome of the investigation and the chosen method is at the discretion of the manufacturer. The decision will be withheld by both GSM Performance and the customer.
Specification and installation
Products sold by the company will include specific disclaimers written by the respective manufacturer. The company shall not be liable for any loss or damage in any form howsoever arising from the use of items provided. Where relevant, items will include safety information & disclaimers in their packaging
All seat brackets, fitting kits, brake kits and vehicle specific components sold are designed for on the base model of any particular vehicle variant. If the listing states a specific version of a vehicle, we can not guarantee fitment to another variation within the same model range. For example, seat frames listed for a Mitsubishi Lancer Evo X are not suitable for the standard variation of Mitsubishi Lancer. Another example is that a big brake kit which is listed for a BMW E46 will be based on the standard BMW E46 variation and will not fit the BMW E46 M3. It is the customer’s responsibility to make us aware of any particular model variations at the time of order to ensure production is correct and accurate, otherwise, the parts will be produced to the base specification
We supply a wide range of seats built to various levels of quality depending on the manufacturer, source of components and type of use expected. Entry level seats produced by Auto Style, FK Automotive, as well as the Corbeau NFX, DFX and Club Sport seats do not use UV protected fabric and may experience colour degradation faster than their FIA approved counterparts. When seats of this nature are used in convertible vehicles and exposed to an excessive amount of sunlight, the colour degradation of the seat may also be accelerated and is not covered by the manufacturer warranty.
When purchasing seats and seat frames as a package, we will check to ensure that the products can work together with or without some form of modifications (where required) and notify you of this on your invoice. If your original seats have SAB (side airbags), please ensure to check this as additional resistor kits may be required when installing the new equipment. We recommend that this electronic equipment is installed by a highly-skilled & professional auto electrician. If your passenger seat has an occupancy sensor we would also recommend installation by an auto electrician, as modifications to the vehicle’s wiring may also be necessary.
GSM Performance does not guarantee the size fitment for any seats, harnesses and/or universal products due to varied vehicle interior dimensions and configurations. Please use the product dimensions provided to compare with your existing layout to determine fitment. GSM performance will not be held liable for incorrect assessments regarding fitment.
- A huge range of the seats we sell are handmade including all bespoke and custom seat designs. When producing these products there are a number of different variables within the production process which include: Different trimmers, the shade of fabric colours, material batches, stitching colours, logo designs, and logo placements. Each of these variables means that seats produced one week to another can have minor differences and may not match.
- When the covers are fitted to the shells of seats, they are hand stretched around the shell they have no guideline to work to so each seat is slightly different. The only way to guarantee a match is to produce the seats at the same time, from the same roll of the material, with the same trimmer producing them, and being completed together to ensure the covers are fitted together and matched together. The number of variable factors of handmade products means that producing 2 identical products at different times is very difficult and can never be guaranteed.
Products sold by the company will include specific disclaimers written by the respective manufacturer. The company shall not be liable for any loss or damage in any form howsoever arising from the use of items provided. Where relevant, items will include safety information & disclaimers in their packaging.
- Custom Steering Wheels: The replacement of the steering wheels on cars equipped with airbag systems will disable both the functioning of the airbag of the driver and that of the passenger or any other airbag fitted to the car. For cars equipped with airbag systems, aftermarket steering wheels are intended for racing and show use only. Do not attempt to install any equipment yourself unless you have been properly trained in the installation and maintenance of car steering wheels. Do not attempt to install any kit without having previously read the instruction manual. Incorrect installation can lead to steering wheel failure, which can cause an accident resulting in serious personal injury or death. Reduced steering wheel diameter will cause increased driver steering effort.
All quotations, indication of costs and financial commitments given or made by the Seller are based on the assumption of the validity of the information provided is fully accurate and correct in all circumstances.
GSM Performance maintains the right at any stage to re-negotiate any contract, cost agreement or any other relevant commitment should any information provided by the Purchaser fail to be fully valid accurate and correct. This includes Verbal and written quotations which are valid for 30 days subject to these terms and conditions and supplier pricing adjustments.
Your order is accepted at the point the items are dispatched and delivered. Until this point, we have the right to withdraw the product from sale, cancel and reject the order. Our email confirmations are an acknowledgement of receipt only. In the unlikely event that an error has occurred with online pricing, we maintain the right to reject the order at any point until the items have been dispatched and delivered.
- The ‘confirmation’ stage sets out the final details of your order. Following this, we will send to you an order acknowledgement email detailing the products you have ordered. Please note that this email is not an order confirmation or order acceptance from GSM Performance. The email/SMS is an acknowledgement of your order, and does not constitute acceptance.
- Acceptance of your order and the completion of the contract between you and us will take place on dispatch to you of the products ordered unless we have notified you that we do not accept your order or you have cancelled it (please refer to Returns and refunds).